|2. ||Barefoot Runyan (1.Anna1) was born Abt 1757; died Abt 1875, Talladega, Alabama; was buried Alabama. |
"Barefoot Runyan, Revolutionary soldier, witnessed the will of his neighbor,
Marshall Lovelady, in 1792. Barefoot Runyan's land was located between lands
belonging to John Moore on the north and John Fryer on the south. The present
Old Mill is on the site of a 151 acre grant to Mordecia Lewis; his land joined
the land of Isaac Runyan, son of Barefoot, and the land of Richard Fanshire.
The plat shows a road to Lewis Mill". [Reunion at the River, Homecoming 1986,
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - September 13, 1986, author Beulah D.Lynn (current
Sevier County Historican)]. Isaac as son of Barefoot is believed in error.
Barefoot Runyan was granted 168 acres of land on the West Fork of the Little
Pigeon River on 27 July 1808 No 332, surveyed 27 Jan 1807. Survey plot shows
Mill Creek in plat.Isaac Runyan was granted 151 acres on the Pigeon River on 5
August 1812, No.2544, and surveyed 10 Jan 1807. Survey has with Mullendores
line on the North. Isaac's grant was under the Act of Assembly on Nov. 23,
Marie Runyan Wright published book "Descendants of Isaac Barefoot Runyan -
Tracking Barefoot Runyan" in 1980. Mrs. Wright in error with photographs as
being Barefoot's land. The "old rock chimney" and "dam" over river, are near or
on land of Aaron Runyan Sr. just south of Sevierville. Barefoot's land was
further south in now Pigeon Forge.
Transcript of Marshall Lovelady will dated 10 April 1792 is published in the
SMHS Newsletter, Vol XVI, No.2, Winter 1990, page 86. Barefoot Runyan, Joseph
Lovelady, and John Mahon were witness.
"Barefoot RUNION listed in Colonel Doherty's Regiment of Militia, Territory
South of the Ohio, 1793-94" (Ref: SMHS NL 1988, Vol XIV, No 4, page 124).
Joe Chilton Pedigree Chart, 7 November 1994, p 1.
Barefoot married Margaret Rambo 19 May 1777, , Rockingham, Virginia. Margaret (daughter of Jacob Rambo and Deborah Allen) was born Abt 1755, , Virginia; died Abt 1802, , Tennessee; was buried Shiloh Cemetery, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County, Tennessee. [Group Sheet]
- 3. John Wesley Runyan was born 1778, , Shenandoah, Virginia; died 23 Nov 1851, , Hamilton, Tennessee; was buried , Tennessee.
- 4. Aaron Alexander Runyan was born 1786, Rockingham County, Virginia; died 6 Jun 1869, Sevier County, Tennessee; was buried Shiloh Cemetery, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County, Tennessee.
- 5. Tavenor Runyan was born Abt 1787; died 1802, , Sevier County, Tennessee; was buried , Tennessee.
- 6. Ware Runyan was born Abt 1791, , Jefferson, Tennessee; died 23 Oct 1837, , Alabama.
- 7. Isaac Runyan, II was born 17 Mar 1793, , Jefferson, Tennessee; died 13 Aug 1873, , Clark, Arkansas; was buried Amity, Arkansas.
- 8. Loami Wesley Runyan was born Abt 1802, , Sevier County, Tennessee.