- History of the HAYNES _ RUNYAN HOME in article; Historical Sites, People & Places (Beulah D. Linn, Sevier County Historican); A History of Boyd's Creek by Estalenna Rogers Brabson; "The Early Boyd's Creek Families - Con't.". On file in McClung Collection, Knoxville. Vertical file Newspaper articles. The home was built in 1873 by Col. Milton A. Haynes and his wife, Penelope Brabson Haynes, on property willed to Penelope by her father, John Brabson.
"The Final Irony", Katherine Lane Nichols, 1975, p 192.
Joe Chilton GEDCOM, 7 November 1994.