- [S76] Atchley Funeral Home Records, Volume III, 1974-1986, Larry D. Fox, (Smoky Mountain Historical Society), 12 May 1974.
George Washington Parton obituary
- [S23] Atchley Funeral Home, (http://www.atchleyfuneralhome.com/), 19 Jul 2008.
Mary Carola "Dobby" Patty Flynn obituary
- [S106] The Mountain Press, 6 Feb 2010.
Oscar Thomas Parton passed away at 3:55 p.m. Friday Feb. 5, 2010 at his home.
He is survived by his loving wife of 57 years, Neddie Mae Patty Parton; sons, Ronnie and James Parton; daughter, Katricia Dean Parton; four grandchildren, Theresa Klempner, Andrea Wiegant, Stacy Brown and Jon Parton; greatgrandchildren, Kayla Klempner, Rayan Brown, Heather Klempner, Andrew Brown, Matthew Klempner and Ashley Brown; brothers and sisters-in-law, Winfred and Ruth Parton and Virgil and Betty Parton; several nieces and nephews.
Preceded in death by his parents, George and Sylvia Cardwell Parton; brother, Homer Parton and mother-in-law, Amanda Patty.
He was a member of Providence Baptist Church in Seymour.
Funeral services will be Sunday at 6 p.m. at Rawlings Funeral Home. Visitation will be Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. Graveside services will be Monday at 11 a.m. at Providence Cemetery in Seymour.
- [S1] U. S. Social Security Death Index.
Issued in Tennessee, residing in Seymour, Sevier County, Tennessee
- [S147] Find a Grave, (Memorial: 117955185).