|1. ||John Harwood was born Abt 1621, London, Middlesex, England; died 1685.|
John Harwood came from England to Boston, Massachusetts in 1645. He was made
freeman in 1649. He was admitted to the Church in Boston, 25 December 1647.
He made his residence with his wife in Boston, where he was a merchant. He
sold his property in Boston in 1657, and returned to England, where he
continued the merchantile business in London. He was living in Bethnal Green,
a suburb of London, in 1665. He still owned land in Dunstable, New England,
which was sold by his heirs long after his decease. His will was made 13
November 1684 and proved 22 June 1685.
"A Genealogical History of the Concord Harwoods...", Watson H. Harwood, 1912, p
John married Elizabeth Usher Abt 1651. Elizabeth (daughter of Hezekiah Usher and Mary) was born Abt 1623; died Abt 1685/1687. [Group Sheet]
- 2. Elizabeth Harwood was born 13 Mar 1650, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
- 3. Hezekiah Harwood was born 27 Apr 1653, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; died See Notes.
- 4. Hannah Harwood was born 6 Mar 1655, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
- 5. Anna Harwood was born 26 Aug 1657, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
- 6. John Harwood was born London, England; died Bef 1724.
- 7. Jacob Harwood was born London, England; died Abt 1701.
- 8. Joseph Harwood was born 1667, London, England.