Matches 5951 to 6000 of 8067 » Thumbnails Only » Slide Show
Lay’s Marble City Saloon was located at 135 Central Avenue, next door to the establishment operated by James P. Lay, where Filmore Maples was fatally wounded.
“Country Women Cope with Hard Times: A Collection of Oral Histories" includes a chapter written by Elizabeth McMahan Adamitis about her mother, Elizabeth Fox McMahan.
Ralph “Pug” Murphy taken in the later years of his life.
Members of Clyde Ownby's family view the tree planted in his name outside the Sevierville Visitors Center.
The circular area of the Public Square is pictured here during its construction in 1924. The building under construction is the second Central Hotel.
Dolly Parton, one of this year’s five Kennedy Center honorees, acknowledges performers and presenters at the end of their tribute to her at the 29th annual Kennedy Center Honors. Fellow honorees Steven Spielberg, left, and Zubin Mehta, right, join her.
The Sevier County Saddle Club Wagon Train traveling along a rural county road
A county fair advertisement for Silas Whaley’s “A Man without a Stomach” act. He died as a Japanese POW in 1943.
The Smoky Mountain Academy Administration Building was completed in 1915
The interior of the Pines Theatre, with a seating capacity of over 700
The six-acre orchard is tucked away from the road on a hillside with the almost 1,000 apple trees heavy with fruit.
Bill Owens talks about spotting his niece Dolly Parton’s talent, working at Dollywood and growing chestnut trees.
A picture of the bridge spanning the east prong of the Little Pigeon Rive taken shortly after its completion in 1896.
One Armed Jimmy Lawson and an unidentified tourist in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Sevier County High
The Harrisburg Covered Bridge today
Digging on the Umbarger place on Feb. 21, 1988.
A bird’s eye view of Pigeon Forge in 1955
Wade and Tennessee football coach Phil Fulmer at a Friends of the Smokies meeting.
Banker Mike Comer, Circuit Judge Rex Ogle, Appeals Court Judge Norma Ogle and Gary Wade at the banquet honoring Wade with the first Good Scout Award
The sheet music cover for “My Sweet Mountain Rose,” written by Matthews
At the corner of Jefferson and River View, Quinton Parrott stands in front of the lot that formerly was the site of the Peter Jake Susong home that burned in the 1930s.
Jimmie Temple discusses the history of Temple’s Millstone Corner, the business complex he built 30 years ago. He named the complex to honor his family’s long history in the county
While placed on the East Tennessee Preservation Alliance’s list of endangered historic buildings, owners of Rose Glen say they make every effort to preserve the property that’s been in their family for more than 160 years
The first Central Hotel building was a two-story clapboard structure
Left picture shows him as a cadet.~~On 9 September 1725 listed in the old master list of Preusian Infantry Regiment No. 3.~~The original painting hung until 1945 in Arnsdorf.
A watercolor painting by Frances Ostergren of her home place, 300 Prince St. in Sevierville.
The stable and dairy barn on the Murphy-Swan farmstead.
Murphy College on Cedar Street as it looked in the 1890s.